A brief history
Our predecessor, Maguire Partners was founded in 1965 in Los Angeles by Robert F. Maguire III to own, manage, develop and acquire office properties in the Southern California market. Over its 39 year history, Maguire Partners established a successful record of producing premier buildings of lasting quality and architectural excellence, often in joint ventures with major corporations.
In the early 1980’s, Maguire Partners developed the Wells Fargo Center including The Wells Fargo and KPMG Towers in the downtown area of Bunker Hill. In 1989, Maguire Partners developed Plaza Las Fuentes in Pasadena, and in 1996 Maguire Partners acquired and redeveloped the Glendale Center in Glendale, CA.
The U.S. Bank Tower, the tallest office building west of the Mississippi River, was completed in 1989 as part of the Los Angeles Central Library redevelopment plan which Maguire Partners spearheaded. The Gas Company Tower was the second office building in this plan.
More recently, Maguire Partners completed 1733 Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica, an expansion to Plaza Las Fuentes and Phase One of Water’s Edge, a joint venture with Equity Office Properties Trust within Playa Vista, a 1,087 acre master planned community on Los Angeles’ Westside. Maguire Properties has options to purchase interests in each of these properties.